Tuesday, February 17, 2015

FEBRUARY 17 - HOLA FAMILIA!



HOLA FAMILIA!


Here's the weekly lowdown!


I am in love with Manteca CA.


I have a feeling that this is going to be one of my favorite areas!


It is a small farming town.  There is SO much agriculture. Rows and rows of fruit trees and almond trees and everything.  Seriously there is just so much land covered in food growing.  When we drive past I like to put my head down and look at all the tree trunks whiz by.  Good stuff.  

The people here are just so humble and hardworking.  They work in the fields.

The ward is also super amazing!
 

We did service for a family in our ward this week and we went and worked on their ranch.  Their dad isn't a member and he reminds me of Uncle Burke but hispanic.  Total sweet and rough cowboy.  I have been on my mission 7 months now speaking Spanish and I did not understand a word he said haha.  I will get there I hope!  


Manteca is a small map as well so I already have all the streets in the town memorized!  I am going to get my way around this place without a map soon!

There a ton of people to talk to, and almost everyone has talked to missionaries but they always are super nice to us. 

We went out to eat on Valentine's Day and I tried EEL!!!  We got the special couple deal (HA HA HA) Dia de Amistad! 







My companion is in the learning stages with her espanol and I know that this is my chance to really improve my teaching, and I am just so happy for this opportunity even though it might be rough sometimes.  


Remember you are all sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father.  We have so much potential!  We can do anything!

Love it!

I hope you are all having a good week!!


Love ya!

Hermana Sheffer



No comments:

Post a Comment