Saturday, November 1, 2014

OCTOBER 21st - I AM A HAPPY FISHER!



DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD

Guess what?? I can now understand Spanish!  When you hear people talking in Spanish think in your head, “My daughter can understand that”.  It’s a miracle!!  I feel like this week something clicked and everything is making a lot more sense.  I still have troubles getting my thoughts out.... but I can talk to people on the phone (which I will say is basically a different dialect of Spanish trying to figure out what they are saying on the phone)!!!  You could say I am a pretty happy camper.

Tiles for a bench for the park across from the church. We will have to visit it someday!
I am really working hard out here! Hermana Skidmore and I are working well together, we are really similar and we have been skipping a lot of our dinner times to keep doing the work and I don't even mind because it is really fun to be a missionary!  Lots of things happen, but you know that God is working, and I have been a lot more positive! I am out of the “I am new at this and have no idea what’s going on” stage :) You could say I am a pretty happy fisher.

Cleaning the font
How is having a new cat in the house haha?  He is seriously adorable.  Is it loving mom? I feel weird at night sometimes because I want to pray that this little cat will just love mom haha.  Heavenly Father probably gets a kick out of that. 
I just want to say sorry. I was super stressed out last week! I really am doing awesome and the Spanish is coming along and I miss you guys but I am working on only missing you guys a little and focusing on other people while I am out here.  I am loving it here and I think I am finally getting the hang of things.  Hermana Skidmore is teaching me so much and says that I have been helping her out a lot lately which is good as she is super busy! She is a sister training leader so she has a lot to do.

P-days stress me out because there is a lot to do and a lot I want to say but then there are back stories and intricate details and I don't know what to tell you so I end up telling you about cool food I've eaten and then I think of Skyler (HAHA) and try to think of spiritual things etc.  Please keep emailing me your little updates and I will respond the best I can! 

That is so cool you get to drive a fork lift.  Be careful! 
You are awesome possum.
Love your hija,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment