Saturday, November 1, 2014

October 27th - A VEGAN THAT EATS MEAT




Thank you both for your emails.  This week has been full of experiences and I am proud to say I learned from most of them!  Lista para la pista (de vida como misionera)



Thank you SO MUCH for the Halloween package.  It was awesome.  I loved it.
 

 
One of the happiest things I have ever read in my life was in your email, that little black kitten that loves you.  I am so happy you don't even know.



So we got the call last pday night (around 10:30 pm) that...... WE ARE GETTING A NEW MISSIONARY.  So we are now a companionship.  Tripship.  AHOY!! That is like our call to arms.  It is weird to have 3 sometimes, but it has been really fun.  She is from Tracy and has basically been serving a mission for 2 years since she was baptized!  She went out with the missionaries for lessons all the time in Tracy, and got permission from her parents to serve a mini mission.  Hermana Skidmore totally knew her from when she served in Tracy so it was like having a friend move in.  It is really fun.  She is vegan and inspirational.  I want to be a vegan person that eats meat.   Sooooo a healthy person?  Not sure what that would be called.  But she has a super strong testimony and is a great teacher.  I am learning from the best!




Some fun things that happened this week.  I ate my first ribs ever.  It is like chicken on a leg but better!  I loved it.  Also I met a man from Egypt!  I have met soo many cool people from around the world, but this was my first one from Egypt.  It was so cool.  We talked a lot about Jesus. 

Another fun thing was the Halloween party.  
 

The people in the ward don't say fiesta they say party but it sounds like "paddy"  It is really funny.  

 
We can't dress up but Obispo brought us some of his sombreros that he owns.  


The party was hoppin'!!! 
 
Spanish people are the best!  All the people were dancing and it was really fun.  

 
Gxxxxxxxa was able to come too!  




 Also, one more funny experience.  A while ago we were in an apartment complex and there was this 20 year old kid outside of his apartment smoking.  He is from El Salvador and believes in God and everything.  We asked him if he prays, and he said not a ton.  So we were talking about how prayer is like a conversation with God.  He wants to hear about you and your day.  So on a sticky note we left him it was like



"Dear Heavenly Father, Hi my name is Jason...

estoy agradecido por....

te pido.....

en el nombre de jesucristo, amen." 



We explained that God already knows about him and knows his name, but to illustrate that it was like a conversation.  ANYWAYS, we saw him again on Friday!  So we run up to him and catch up, and ask him how his prayers are doing.  When we are leaving we asked if he would like to say the prayer.  So he is like ya sure.  He goes "hola dios, soy Jason....."  HAHAHAHAHA.  It was sooo funny.  He remembered!!! I had even forgot about that, but when he said that I was cracking up inside :)



Hermana Skidmore is a sister training leader, so we go on exchanges every transfer.  Since she always goes with another person I end up going on around 4-5 transfers every six weeks.  This week my first transfer was with Hermana Kaaa from Hawaii.  It was really fun.  We were in her area and we are both being trained so we were kind of nervous, but it was really fun.  AND miracles!  We were knocking and contacting in an apartment complex and we knocked on this door.  A young guy who was white opened the door, but we got talking and he speaks perfect Spanish because he is from Mexico!  Anyways we talked with him for a long time and he had all these questions about religion because he has been researching all sorts of churches.  So we talked about the restoration and focused on why there were so many churches (Mom I used the approach that you sent me) and he totally understood the restoration.  We set up another appointment with him, and went on.  I was so excited because we were totally both newer, and it was a good lesson.  Then today Sister Kaaa called us and said that their return appointment went really good and he WANTS to be baptized!!!



So some cool things I learned this week is in Doctrine and Covenants 89.  This is where it talks about the Word of Wisdom, but it is also talking about life. It is talking about how each herb has its season, that are good for the body.  But it is the same with life.  All of us have seasons of life, that even when they are hard it is really good for us.  We just need to learn how to handle them.  SO I also studied one of my favorite talks from General Conference this week called “Approaching the throne of God with confidence”.  It is really good, and it answers a lot of the questions I had.  I like how it has points to follow.  I am taking responsibility for myself and ... becoming a vegan that eats meat, and using my study time the most effectively I can and I can't be disappointed with trying my hardest!



Love you all.  Enjoy the fall time.  Carve some awesome pumpkins. 

LOVE EMILY



P.S.



DAD! DONT LET NATHAN WRESTLE! Just kidding that was a joke.  Wrestling just makes me uncomfortable too.  It is ok as a sport but I think the whole throwing up thing is too much.  Also I am glad the cat is pooping normal.  Thanks for telling me these things, I feel like I am getting actual updates on your guys life!! You and mom write the best emails. 



P.S.S

--Why didn't the skeleton go to the dance??--

Because he didn't have anybody to go with!

No comments:

Post a Comment