Wednesday, May 27, 2015

May 18 - Another Missionary Milestone .... one that involves BEER

HOLA FAMILIA!


Here is the rundown
In Manteca Town
We like to serve our Lord,
spreading true gospel around
>shefskies22

I am trying to improve my improv rapping.  Under the tutelage and guidance of my companion, who I found out this week is actually a real rapper.  She can rap.  She can rap REALLY good.  People are awesome!

Something fun this week is we were able to do service at the Manteca Historical museum!  It is a run-downish place but it has LOTS of cool things.  We washed all the display windows and dusted.  We talked to all the really old people who volunteer there.  It was great!  They were actually having a City board meeting there so...... I MET THE MAYOR OF MANTECA!!!  hahahahaha my life. 

We also met with the man in charge of the cemetery that we go running at in the mornings and we are going to go do service there!

Ready for the coolest service project ever??  It was us, with the American Legion and the City Council and we went to the cemetery and rubbed clean all the bronze on the headstones for veterans.  Then we painted them again, and then sanded down the letters again so that they were bronze.  They looked NICE.  Then, we had a list of all the veterans registered in Manteca, and we walked the cemetery and checked all the  headstones to make sure they were on the list.  Turns out the list hadn't been updated since 1976 and so every veteran who had died after 76 we added to the list!  We added close to 50 people!!  It was so cool!  The cemetery has veterans from wars as far back as the CIVIL!  WHAT??  I was loving my life that day!

So Exxxxo is going through a hard time in his life...... HE HAS KIDNEY STONES.  I don't know if I had talked about that but he had gotten a blessing a few weeks ago and felt better, but then Saturday night he got admitted to the hospital because of his pain!!  He called us to tell us Sunday that he wouldn't be able to come to church, and he was going to drink lots of water!  So I thought that it would be good if we doorbell ditched his house on the way to church with a giant bottle of water that we had purchased when we were scared of getting cancer from drinking California water!  So he lives in a small cul-de-sac thing so we parked our car around the corner so he wouldn't see us.   We planned to doorbell ditch it, hide behind his fence until he got it, and then calmly walk back to our car.   Hermana V doorbellditched it because she was wearing her stretchy skirt and we went and hid behind his fence.  We heard the door open, and it never closed so we waited totally stuck behind his fence!  THEN who walks around the corner but HIS MOM, HIS BROTHER, HIS BROTHERS WIFE, AND THEIR DOG.  ......
............ .......... ........

Ya.

So this is really the story of how we met Exxxxo's family..... AWKWARD :( :( 

Haha oh there are the mormons doorbell ditching us then hiding behind our fence.... There goes first impressions!!  I was so embarrassed....  But they were pretty nice and said they were glad we weren't the drug cartel (because I guess one of Exxxxo's brothers was into that, and they doorbellditched delivered the drugs to his house hahaha) and that we could go see him if we wanted.  He looked BAD.  I hope he gets better soon!  I asked someone and they said that kidney stones are worse than giving birth so.... ya.  But he told us he was excited to show us his new scripture bag that he bought at the pulga, so he will be ok!

Another sad story is that we were near Exxxxo's house and was talking to one of his neighbors and she was white and was like, "We don't communicate very well" which is crazy because Exxxxo and his brother are always so nice to us!  She was like "One time I had this gopher problem and his brother gave me some gopher poison that I spread out over my whole lawn and it seemed to do the job!"  When she said that Hermana V and I just gasped and looked at each other, because Exxxxo believes his pet rabbit must have eaten some poison on accident and that was the cause of his death!!  Isn't that awful?  We like got the inside look on why his rabbit died!!  We are NEVER telling him of course, but it was definitely a weird coincidence.  Poor Exxxxo.

We were doing some family history with Exxxxo and he brought all his pictures from his past!  It was really cool because he was actually a drummer in a band!  They were so professional that they had a CD and portraits done!  He showed  us some of his pictures and he had the WORST mullet ever hahaha it was so long!  He had like bright blue suits and mullet and had his arms around beautiful women.  I was like WOW.  Exxxxo was a looker back in the day!  I told him he was a nino silvestre (literal translation of wild child, but doesn't really translate into spanish i dont think hahaha)  But he thought it was funny.  He is the humblest, sweetest man.  It was funny.  I am working on getting him to join the choir.  He sings really good.

Other crazy thing that happened this week is I reached another missionary milestone!  I got my first beer thrown on me!  It got all over my shoes!  It was a really drunk older lady.  She was swearing up a storm and telling us some things I won't repeat and then splashed the contents of her cup at us.... But all her other friends were like thats not coool!!  And we talked to lots of them and taught a lesson!  It was crazy!  Then when we were walked away she was like "have a nice day" hahaha.  

Spiritual experiences that I had this week was a lesson we had with a less active about the Book of Mormon, and her doubts.  It was a lot about not knowing everything.
  
In studies this morning Hermana V snapped the thing off her pen lid and then was like I AM TURNING INTO YOU!!! hahahahaha I thought dad would think that was funny :)

MOM HOW IS AVATAR GOING?????

Tell Lizzy to have so much fun on her trip!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for her! Who is she staying with in the rooms??  TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!!!  KEEP A JOURNAL of at least what you did everyday so you keep it in order!  

YOU MADE TORTILLAS!  I will teach you the techniques when I get back.  Aren't they good?  They are like gushy a bit in the middle!  

Tell Skyler hi!!!!

Love you all!
Hermana Sheffer
A member making us Aloe. YUM

Pulling weeds at the Cemetery for service

One of our investigators has this really cool Catholic bible. Pretty cool pictures! I loved looking at it!

Exxxxo found his name in the BoM dictionary!

The card that started it all!!!

Exxxxo bought us Mexican candy! One was basically a beet but crystallized! And Tarts!

Our new district at the Food Bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment