Monday, January 12, 2015

JANUARY 1 - GUESS WHERE I AM????

SOOOO. Want to guess where I am right now?
Lets play a game.
I am no longer in North Sac.  (waaaahhhhh :( )
My revelations indeed proved true and I have gone to the southern part of the mission.
This is a very big city.
I have heard gunshots 10x already (..... haha not sure which were actually gunshots or fireworks....)
This city is the coveted city among the elders because of its ghetto-ness.
Ladies and Gents I have arrived in.....


 STOCKTON CALIFORNIA.
Delta Pacific Area. 


My new companion is the Hermana Shawcroft!
We were in the CCM together!
This is crazy I tell you.  We just got down being follow up trained so we are both super young!
I love it here already.  

So you are right too mom I did move! The other 2 sisters and Hermana Cuesta and I all went to a restaurant for our transfer calls and we were all huddling around the phone at 9 pm for the call.  It was sooo intense.  We were all just laughing and laughing because we were nervous.  Haha.  But I was super excited because Hermana Shawcroft is amazing and Stockton is known for being awesome.  

I am really excited because I know that we are on a more even level, so I am going to need to step up and talk more and be more prepared.  I am just so grateful because I feel like I had gotten into a rut and now I am going to be able to talk and share more than ever!  I am so grateful! 

Three cheers for rough learning times!!! This is going to set me for the rest of my mission.  I am grateful so much to be here! 
I WENT TO MY FIRST FLEAMARKET TODAY!
it is called la pulga.
It was like there were 50 garage sales going on at the same time haha.  I would need hours to look at everything, but it was really cool.  And I talked in spanish a lot!
I love spanish!!!
It is just the 2 of us in our apartment.  We are the only 2 sisters in our whole zone again!!!!! 

I wanted to say thank you for all the pictures and I FEEL so good after talking to all of you on Christmas. I was really happy.  I am excited to start my missionary year of 2015!!
This has made making New Year's resolutions really easy though because I am going to be a missionary all year!

I LOVE YOU ALL AND I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEK!!!
Love 
Hermana Sheffer

p.s. Mom what you said in your letter is exactly how I feel.  It is crazy how much you realize you are provided for looking back.  


No comments:

Post a Comment