Friday, September 26, 2014

September 8, 2014


FROM EMILY:



MOM <stop> I AM ALIVE <stop>  I AM LOVING CALIFORNIA <stop> I AM SUPER EXCITED YOU AND DAD ARE ON A CRUISE SHIP RIGHT NOW <stop> I AM GOING TO WRITE LETTERS TODAY INSTEAD <stop> BUT I WANTED TO TELL YOU I GOT YOUR PACKAGE <stop> I ALSO LOVED YOUR PACKAGE <stop> I TOLD MY COMPANION YOU WERE THE PINSPIRATION OF THE WORLD <stop>


 
SO AWESOME <stop> 

YOU <stop> ARE <stop> AWESOME <stop>

 TELL DAD HI <stop>

... --- ...   (This equals S <stop> O <stop> S <stop>)
(actually I am not 100 percent on that but we'll go with it)) Just in case.  At least if you get stranded you will be near some islands with sunny beaches .... and ICEBERGS.... uuuhhhh.... yaaaaa....  good luck!! 

Just kidding I can’t wait to hear about it, it sounds AMAZING!!! I want to go someday!!! I hear it is BEAUTIFUL. 

HAVE SO MUCH FUN IN ALASKA!!!!!!

I told all the kids some plans they could do while you are gone hahahahahhahaha. 

Get ready.  Well I am writing you a letter, so I will talk more later!!

EMILY

(Note from Sonja part 2: Some of these pictures came from Emily... some came from members sending me emails which can I say is like the best thing EVER???)  If I remember right it was Stake Conference)


NOTE FROM SONJA (part 3):
 
I sent Emily a "BACK TO SCHOOL BOX" (this is the package she was referring too). I actually did not copy it from Pinterest... I copied it from my amazingly creative friend Ruth Peterson. She sent one to her son serving in South Africa.  She sent something for each letter of the alphabet.  I did the same but was able to send a lot bigger box as I didn't have the space restrictions she had. 
Elissa, Elizabeth, and Juliana all helped me get it ready by helping cut and glue the letter to tags and bagging the items.

We started to write on each tag what the letter stood for but Nathan said we should make her figure it out. She said she got them all except "D" (she guessed De-Hairer... GROSS!!). HA HA


Here is what was inside:

A is for Apples (dried)
B is for Beef Jerky
C is for Cookies
D is for Disposable razors and drinkmix
E is for erasers
F is for folder
G is for gluesticks
H is for Hand Sanitizer and Hairbands
I is for Index cards
J is for Jolly Ranchers
K is for Kleenex
L is for lunch box
M is for markers
N is for notebook
O is for Outfit
P is for pencils and pens and popcorn
Q is for Quaker Oatmeal
R is for reinforcers
S is for stickynotes and snacks
T is for and trailmix and Tide Stain pen
U is for Uplifting Quotes
V is for Vitamins
W is for wet-wipes
X is for EXTRA gum
Y is for YORK peppermint patties
Z is for Zoo ( I sent her a sea-monkey zoo set. HA)

No comments:

Post a Comment